Sunday, February 19, 2012

Wikis

So, first of all, I created a small sample page in the sandbox for the learning center where I work since they do not have a Wikipedia page:

After doing this, I read up on how to publish pages on the site, and read this:

"Do not create pages about yourself, your company, your band or your friends, nor pages that advertise, nor personal essays or other articles you would not find in an encyclopedia."


Here's a link to the site.
So I did not try to publish this page, since where I work is a private business.

Next, I went to Wikispaces, and created my own: http://jonclass.wikispaces.com/



I created a test page to mess around with some media, and was able to embed this blog and a Youtube video so far.  I will have to do some further thinking about where I could use something like this.  I get the idea, and I can imagine situations where this format would be great, but in my daily teaching life, I'm not sure what the fit is for a Wiki right now.  At the very least, it's another tool for me to use if/when it becomes useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment